A free, residential, three-week-long summer program
for New York City seventh-graders with talent in math.
|Congratulations, SPMPS Alumni!|
|We are proud of the 78 students who just completed an intense summer at SPMPS. The future is bright for all of you!|
Congratulations also to our older alumni who are entering great high schools this year, and who just finished their summers at programs like The Center for Talented Youth, NYU STEP, The Summer STEM Program at the Cooper Union, and the Mathworks Honors Summer Math Camp.
Pictured at right: Students at the 2015 Siena Campus site who solved a challenge problem during the summer.
- SPMPS proved that its programs can scale by opening a second residential site in 2014. The second site was made possible through the generous support of the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation. You can read more on our supporters page. You can also visit our feature on the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation blog.
- Time Warner Cable's "It Ain't Rocket Science" features SPMPS!
- Read about how SPMPS 2013 alum Andy Reyes' advanced to the state MATHCOUNTS contest.
- Mo Omar, faculty member at SPMPS 2013, blogs about SPMPS for the American Mathematical Society.
- SPMPS' 2011 program was featured in the New York Times.
Here is a short documentary video about the program from our first year, produced by Big Green TV: